First and foremost...all of our positions are unpaid at this time. Sorry about that. At the moment, we're a happy group of freelancers working pro bono because we're passionate about the science, design, and culture shaping our future. We do have dreams of making a fortune with Future-ish one day but we're just not quite there yet. But...our founder, social entrepreneur Sean Schmidt, has helped launched a few blogger careers so you never know, a gig at Future-ish just may land you a big time paid job in the not so distant future.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions for both our website and our soon-to-be-launched online magazine:
- Freelance Bloggers, Contributors, Journalists, etc.
- Industry/Field Editors (e.g. astronomy, fashion, etc.)
- Senior Editor - Science
- Senior Editor - Design
- Senior Editor - Culture
- Creative Director
- Senior Editor - Online Magazine (coming soon)
Here's what we're looking for in new team members:
- people that are passionate about the science, design, and culture shaping our future
- people that have a knack for synthesis
- people that have experience writing saavy web content ranging from short blog entries (250-500 words) to full-length articles (lets say up to 2,000 words...eek)
- people that work great as an individual and with a team in virtual environment
Please send three samples of your work, a resume, and cover letter to StudioF/at/gmail/com with this lovely phrase in the subject line: "Future-ish Application".
Future-ish has many great opportunities for students looking for short or ongoing projects. Students who can earn course credit for their contributions are encouraged to contact us.