Some people consider horoscopes to be insights from the universe while others consider them pure nonsense. Either way, they are still really fun to read.
One thing we DO know here at Future-ish is that researchers have found season of birth does actually impact us in many ways. So to have a little fun, the team from Studio F gathers over cocktails for each issue of Confab to make 'inferences', as we say in the science world, based on what we do know from research on seasonal biology for our readers who share our passion for science, design, and culture.
We suggest you read them over cocktails as well. Enjoy!
Additional reading on seasonal biology...
- Ciarleglio et al. (2010). Perinatal photoperiod imprints the circadian clock. Nature Neuroscience, 2010; DOI: 10.1038/nn.2699
- Erren et al. (2011). Bad light affects sleep: “time and latitude of birth” as determinants of children's differential sleep duration across Europe?. SLEEP 2011;34(12):1627-1628.
- Farley. (1968). Season of birth, intelligence and personality. British Journal of Psychology, 59: 281–283. doi: 10.1111/j.2044-8295.1968.tb01142.x
- Tochigi et al. (2004). Season of birth effect on personality in a general population. Neuroscience Letters, July 22;365(2):120-3. PubMed PMID: 15245791.
- Lutz. (2012). Here's How Your Birth Month Affects The Rest Of Your Life. Business Insider, July 5, 2012.
- Welsh. (2011). Season of Birth May Affect the Rest of Your Life. Live Science. May 1, 2011.
- Zaraska. (2012). That bad attitude? Blame the birth month. Los Angeles Times, January 30, 2012.