Here at Future-ish, we love astronomy and we love cocktails. So to prep our fans (and ourselves) for those stellar weekend cocktail conversations, we are pleased to offer our Cocktail Astronomy post each Friday.
The news is everywhere! In early February 2016, researchers found evidence of Einsteins's theory of gravitational waves which means our exploration and understanding of how the universe works just changed completely. Until know scientists relied on light to learn about the way the cosmos works but now, through gravitational waves we will be able to detect things we never were able to detect or see before. Woo hoo!!!
That is worth celebrating, Future-ish friends! So let's raise a glass and toast Einstein!
Although not much of a drinker, Einstein was known to partake of cognac on occasion...which makes this week's cocktail pairing quite easy.
Cocktail Pairing: Cognac
- NSF. 2016. Gravitational waves detected 100 years after Einstein's prediction. NSF.
- Butterworth, J. 2016. Gravitational waves: why it's impossible not to be thrilled by this discovery. The Guardian
- Clark, S. 2016. Gravitational waves: breakthrough discovery announced - as it happened. The Guardian
- Overbye, D. 2016. Gravitational Waves Detected, Confirming Einstein’s Theory. New York Times.
- Pallab, G. 2016. Einstein's gravitational waves 'seen' from black holes. BBC.
- Radford, T. 2016. Gravitational waves: breakthrough discovery after a century of expectation. The Guardian.